New processor adds support for LTE devices on LTE networks to deliver optimal indoor signal quality; unparalleled versatility, speed, and intelligence positions Nextivity for leadership in the booster market.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – December 5, 2013 – Nextivity Inc. today announced the IntelliBoost ARES, its third generation CEL-FI Baseband Processor for the indoor wireless coverage market. ARES is a multi-core RISC processor that will power the next generation of Nextivity’s flagship digital CEL-FI Smart Signal Boosters, which addresses the global challenge of poor-quality indoor wireless coverage and dropped calls. ARES provides Nextivity with the foundation and versatility to roll out a family of smart signal booster products that address stringent carrier and FCC requirements for indoor coverage solutions to provide consumers with high-quality voice and data services.
“The power of multiple RISC processors in ARES makes CEL-FI far more than a cellular repeater system, providing it with unique capabilities for enhancing HSPA and LTE in the home and small office,” said Loring Wirbel, senior analyst at The Linley Group. “Nextivity’s founders have experience developing processors for 3G networks, and two previous generations of their signal booster. This experience has given Nextivity the insight to develop the groundbreaking ARES architecture for their unique 3G/LTE smart signal booster.”
ARES will support LTE devices on LTE networks to deliver optimal indoor signal quality. ARES also increases the amount of bandwidth operators can boost, giving mobile operators the flexibility to meet the varying needs of both consumer and enterprise customers. The built-in intelligence of the ARES processor also enables automatic configuration for HSPA and LTE networks.
- Additional features and functionalities include:
- • Multi-tap, ultra-fast adapting frequency-domain Echo Cancellation – ARES is designed to cope with highly dynamic LTE signaling environments.
- • Signal equalization – Complex, software programmable equalization filters allow for optimization of signal quality under varying radio conditions.
- • Ultra-fast gain control – Dedicated RISC processors enable ultra-fast gain adjustment to help ensure unconditional, network-safe operations.
- • Self-Organizing Networking (SON) capability – A dedicated RISC processor can implement various self-organizing algorithms to support no-touch, plug-and-play operation under any network deployment conditions. Additionally, the SON capability allows for Nextivity’s booster range to be seamlessly deployed as part of larger deployments of small cell networks.
- • 6 RISC cores; double the transistors – ARES’s Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) deliver the equivalent performance of 250 Giga multiply–accumulate (MAC) operations per second, 4 times more than its previous generation.
- • Relays up to four 20MHz Cellular RF bands – ARES now supports and automatically configures for any combination of WCDMA, HSPA+ and LTE carriers to deliver optimal indoor signal quality.
“The continuing shift away from landlines to mobile-only homes and offices, coupled with the rise in bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies among businesses, and the burgeoning Internet of Things (IoTs) market, makes it even more imperative to have strong and reliable indoor cellular coverage”, says Werner Sievers, President and CEO of Nextivity Inc. “With double the transistors of its predecessor, our third generation processor provides the intelligence, flexibility, and power to handle this growing demand from enterprises and consumers while being fully transparent to, and integrated with, mobile operators’ networks.”
Nextivity is one of the select few fabless companies that designs custom-made baseband processors from the ground up. Nextivity’s family of Next Generation smart signal boosters is powered by fully customized system-on-chip (SoC) technology developed by the company’s veteran engineering team. By leveraging advanced signal processing and intelligent antenna design, Nextivity’s smart signal boosters are the world’s only self-configuring, environmentally aware booster systems. As a result, Nextivity’s products work seamlessly with carrier networks, do not interfere with other subscribers’ signals, and are simple to install and use.
About Nextivity Inc.
Founded in 2006 in California, Nextivity Inc. develops the CEL-FI Smart Signal Booster, which is authorized by 138 leading global carriers (including AT&T and T-Mobile) in 66 countries for use on their networks. Nextivity’s engineering team has leveraged advanced signal processing and intelligent antenna design to develop the world’s only self-configuring, environmentally aware indoor coverage systems. Additional information is available at cel-fi.com, on Twitter @5bars, and on Facebook (facebook.com/5bars).
Nextivity, the Nextivity logo, CEL-FI and IntelliBoost are registered trademarks of Nextivity Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Echo Communications (for Nextivity)
marisa (at) echo-communications.com